little horses= BIG fun!

04 Jan

Are the horses shrinking or the boys growing?!?

I know it has been awhile but the empty stall from the spring has been amazingly hard to get past. So I decided it was time to have some fun. My son Joshua also wanted one….soooo…..

Are the horses shrinking...or the boys growing?

But even little horses need to work around here. Our friends, Randy, Julie and their boys Preston and Paxton brought over the roping dummy that Randy and Preston built. The boys took turns dragging it but then they suggested a mini. Little Denmark got his turn and although he has not been hooked to a cart yet he handled the dummy quite well. That is Preston in the photo swinging the rope. By the time I get around to buying a cart Denmark should be quite ready!

Denmark pulling roping dummy

Posted by on January 4, 2013 in Life

12 responses to “little horses= BIG fun!

1. jennifercretens

January 4, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Cute! I had a mini a few years ago & wish I had kept her!

2. Kim Lacey

January 4, 2013 at 9:46 pm

looks like lots of fun!

3. Paula Burns

January 4, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Just precious! We want to get a mini also this year. So Cute!

4. Karen Bonhomme

January 4, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Looks like a lot of fun :) I am looking at a possible first mini this Sunday! They are just as versatile as any horse it in a different way :) I want a mini to go on hikes with, fun tricks, therapy, and last but not least another great friend. I hope all is well and you are having a blessed good new year!

5. Bonnie

January 5, 2013 at 12:20 am

Fun! I have a couple I’m working on breaking right now. I’m going to try saddle training them first, then moving on to cart training. They’re so much fun to work with.

6. notsomodernblog

January 5, 2013 at 12:22 am

I have a couple I’m working on breaking right now. They’re so much fun to work with. I have a 2 year old son who loves to “help”.

7. Nicole

January 5, 2013 at 8:32 am

Good for you! Have a great time, fun time now!

8. Kim w

January 6, 2013 at 7:24 pm

If I had a place to keep one I would get a mini. I lost my heart horse six years ago this month. He was one in a million and I still miss him.

9. drucilla

January 6, 2013 at 8:28 pm

our local humane society has one that may be coming in. We have a mini donkey and think it would be a good friend for him! I also want to do therapy with it- I would like to see if I can get it certifed and then perhaps it can go to the library for kids to read to!! Well have to see about potty issues of course! but I know peopel have them for seeing eye ponies!

10. Amy B

January 13, 2013 at 2:05 am

I had minis for about 12 years, but had to give them up due to a divorce and moving. I started driving ADS shows, then got into mini shows with obstacles, jumping, driving, liberty–the works. They are a ton of fun! I would never want a flight animal as a guide, but I did use mine with a therapeutic riding program and for nursing home, group home, and preschool visits. They deserve more credit than they usually get!

11. Janet

January 18, 2013 at 2:05 pm

These little guy’s are awesome to work with. I have had the opportunity to do some chuckwagon racing with them, and I have to say What A BLAST that is. they maybe small but they have huge heart and additude to boot.

12. Kelly

January 19, 2013 at 2:13 am

Since we had a full size horse that we drove in harness it was not long after that I got a mini. It only took me a month to train him to cart. My little one is my driving buddy as well as our pasture escape artist. We seem to find him hanging out with the dogs in the backyard rather than out in pasture with the other horses. You’ll enjoy your little ones too, they are a blast.