The latest on…”Is Stacy Westfall a deaf mute”

05 Dec

Also if you haven’t heard the news that the above is not true here is a blog post from over a year ago when I answered the question http://stacywestfallhorseblog.com/2011/09/22/stacy-westfall-deaf-mute/

I have to admit that it is hard to read everything posted on the internet so I had to stop searching for the new version myself. In the first two clicks I found a post asking, that if it was not true that I was deaf -then was the horse deaf? I know that these things are not meant to hurt but sometimes they do.

This post from ‘Tracy’ WAS meant to hurt  (you can find it under the comments for the above linked post)

November 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm

A very stressed horse indeed!Hence all the tongue&tail flicking!Why did you have to kick the poor horse to make it bow?Not a good video at all!!!Im sure you will only delete this though so it will only remain as a wonderful tribute to you.Once again all about the humans kudos with little thought to the horse!!!

My cue for her bow was a tap on her cannon bone. And as you can see in the photo below, a close up of her head during the run, I had been feeding her lots of peppermint treats–enough to leave a ring around her mouth!

peppermint crop I loved Roxy.

Posted by on December 5, 2012 in Controversial

98 responses to “The latest on…”Is Stacy Westfall a deaf mute”

1. Marie B

December 5, 2012 at 8:27 am

Here is the link that has been going all over Facebook :( Every time I see someone post this I h ave to go in and comment to clarify the truth. I also make it clear I am sure you would not be happy to see the false story circulating! I follow you and admire and love your training videos!!

• Marie B

December 5, 2012 at 8:28 am

And and by the way, I LOVE that they made Roxy a Breyer Horse :) Such a wonderful tribute to a truly special horse

• Angie

December 7, 2012 at 12:52 am

One of my non-horsey friends recently posted a link to the video of Roxy on her Facebook page, so I nicely posted a correction. I know she didn’t know the information was false. But seriously, it astounds me how fast false information can spread! And whoever started such a ridiculous falsehood in the first place?!

• Rhonda Stock

October 26, 2013 at 2:22 am

I’ve seen this going around on Facebook too and I always take a moment to correct the poster and let them know the truth. It’s annoying and frustrating how people have to create false stories to sensationalize things. The bridleless ride was amazing on its own with the true story, but that doesn’t seem to be enough for the internet people.

2. Janice Scott

December 5, 2012 at 8:30 am

For anyone to believe for one second that you don’t always have the horse in mind – especially your beloved Roxy is just ridiculous. I’m sure I speak for many others when I say that I scan right past posts like the one from Nov. 28 and go to all of the wonderful stuff you offer. Don’t know why some people invest so much energy into looking for something to hate. Thank you for being a wonderful trainer, entertainer
    and role model!

3. Sharyl Norman

December 5, 2012 at 8:36 am

Stacy – I can’t get the link to post to your FB. However, if you go to mine, Sharyl Norman, I was tagged on it a few days ago. Many of us have been trying to set the record straight for you but it seems to linger. Most people think it is amazingm pure and simple!

4. Maria

December 5, 2012 at 8:41 am

There is no doubt in my mind that you loved Roxy and Roxy loved you. I just purchased two of your DVDs during your Black Friday special and I absolutely love them. You are very clear and concise when explaining your methods and it really resonates with me. THANK YOU!!!

There are many negative posts on the internet. The people who post these hurtful, negative comments are looking for attention….even negative attention. I choose to ignore such posts although I’ve never had one posted about myself.

I also find people post such negative comments when they have very limited knowledge about a subject.

Take heart Stacy, you and Roxy had a very wonderful relationship. I admire that you put the relationship with your horse first, above all else.

5. Kaedy

December 5, 2012 at 8:43 am

Shame on “Tracy”. She must not truly understand the relationship between a horse and rider. Don’t let comments like that bother you, Stacy. You’re such an inspiration!

6. Adrienne Ludesher

December 5, 2012 at 8:46 am

Hi Stacy, can I forward this to my friends for you?

Adrienne

Sent from my iPad

December 5, 2012 at 10:41 am

Yes, spread the truth where ever you want, please.

7. Karla Smith

December 5, 2012 at 8:50 am

Friends have been posting the video you were talking about with the caption under lately. Not sure what the deal is all of a sudden with my non-horse friends. Great ride. I also set them straight that the claims are false. When I get on my computer later I will look for the link and send. I can only imagine how you feel with these claims.

8. Malinda

December 5, 2012 at 8:53 am

You can’t let people like her bother you. I know it’s easier said then done. There are tons more people who have watched and loved your performance. I know I cried the first time I saw it. I also read your blog about how long it took to train her for it too. You are such a great thing for the horse world. So many people wish they could be just like you. There is no reason to explain yourself. Roxy knew you loved her and she loved you. You could definitely see the connection you had with her. If there wasnt mutual respect you couldn’t have pulled those rides off!! Good Luck in everything you do and don’t let a miserable few people bring you down! Keep up the good work!

9. Ms Judy

December 5, 2012 at 9:01 am

Awesome video Nov 24, 2012 12:17am Girl on Horseback

A deaf-mute girl on a horse that she has ridden for only THREE weeks!!, not to mention the song she picked out to dedicate to her deceased father! Listen to the announcer’s voice crack! The horse she is riding is not eve… n hers; she is training it for a client and has had it only 20 days at the time of the ride shown here. Note that she rides without a saddle or halter and bit and (obviously) without voice commands. She is using the method used by North American Indians. When you think your voice can’t be heard I want each of you to watch this Video. She has no voice. She cannot hear. Yet she has persevered and achieved! Thought you all would enjoy this Ms. Judy http://www.ShockeyStables.com

_____

From: Stacy Westfall Horseblog [mailto:comment-reply@wordpress.com] Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:22 AM To: msjudy@shockeystables.com Subject: [New post] The latest on.”Is Stacy Westfall a deaf mute”

Stacy posted: “Can someone post a copy of the false email that is going around right now? I wanted to write a new blog about it but I only have a copy of the old lie, the new one says I trained Roxy in 20 days or something…. can someone post a copy or a link here? “

10. Terry Thomas

December 5, 2012 at 9:01 am

Don’t worry, Stacy. Most people know the truth about both you and Roxy! I have seen all of the posts, and almost every time, there is a horse person below it that sets the record straight. I have posted the truth several times myself. I wouldn’t waste my time trying to fix it if I were you <3

11. Kristi Sears

December 5, 2012 at 9:26 am

Stacy I hope you don’t let things like what Tracy said get to you. You are a wonderful rider and the love that you have for your horses shows. If Tracy knew anything about riding she would not have said anything. The connection between you and the horses that you ride comes from love and trust from the rider and horse. If you watch this video and can say something that mean then you need to look inside yourself and see what is wrong. I love the video and cry everytime I watch it. Amazing is all I can say. Tracy if you believe what you said then I have to wonder why you are following a horse blog. Thanks for sharing your videos and just know that you are blessed with an amazing talent.

12. Ronda

December 5, 2012 at 9:49 am

Dear Stacey, When you are in the lime light you are going to get some real cruel and unkind things said to you and about you. Please do not let them get to you. Those that really matter know that you would not do anything to hurt a horse. You are great with horses and you can tell that your relationship with Roxy was very special. I have a little mare that looks exactly like Roxy and she too is a sweetheart. I have posted my work on youtube and have had some negative responses but realize some people are just mean. Don’t let it get to you, my dear. Keep up your fine work. Have a great day, Ronda Bergeron from Eastern Canada

________________________________

13. Malcolm Draper

December 5, 2012 at 10:06 am

Hi Stacy
    No sooner had Smokie Brannaman (Buck’s brother) notified me of the circulating video, then a friend up the road shared it. This one has nearly 500 000 shares so if each one sharing has 100 friends then its reaching many millions. It’s a great ride which i have admired since i first saw it years ago. People that want to read more into it are generally not horsepeople and want to it to represent some kind of wishful thinking. I point out to them that you are not mute but a clear communicator who can pitch a horse doll sales pitch, wears spurs on Roxy and uses a tap to the cannonbone to cue the bow. People want to see mystical unity. True Unity as Tom Dorrance calls it does come with a lifetime of figuring, practice and many many hours of sweat and dust. Foks want to believe that this comes in 20 days. So for me want people want to believe is fascinating. Sorry that they made you a false Messiah.
    Malcolm

14. karincremasco

December 5, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thank you Stacey Westfall. You have enriched my life in more ways than your amazing ride! The LOVE that horse felt for you came touched my heart deeply. I found and circulated the new video yesterday. Someone told me your name, so I researched and found your blog.

I am now picking up the feathers that I cast from the grandstand. I am sorry for my ignorance in posting the original. I apologize. I have now also posted your blog.

Your ride with your beautiful horse and your words have touched my heart. Thank you for your gifts of integrity and inspiration. I am sorry for the loss of your father. Be blessed.

15. Nettie

December 5, 2012 at 10:23 am

Stacy, the bad part is that Mr. Peabody’s feathers have flown far and wide. The good part is, there are plenty of people like me, who viewed it and realized that it was quite likely an urban legend, so a few quick google hits introduced me to who you really are. (I’m not at all a horse person, but my sister in law has been one all her life.) Like the others above, I’ve commented on the truth whenever I see the post. But, continuing with the good part, I, and many others, now know of you and your work and are inspired and moved. I spent considerable time reading your site and blog and watching the Ellen show, all just out of interest. So the Divine Hand uses all things to your greater good. Maybe Roxy got all this going from beyond just to spread your fame! Best wishes and Peace!

December 5, 2012 at 10:37 am

AMEN! …and thanks for the pep talk. I think I will go visit the barn now :)

• Karin

December 5, 2012 at 10:41 am

Thank you, Nettie! Your comment on my post helped me to find the source and repost Stacey’s Blog with the truth.

Thank you again Stacey and Roxy! You are bigger teachers than you know!

In Light,
      Karin

• Ann

December 5, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Great comment! And so very true.

16. Claire Essley

December 5, 2012 at 10:23 am

Stacy,
    Anyone who knows your work or has met you will have no doubts about your sincerity and the amazing gift you have with horses. You have helped me and my thoroughbred immensely with our groundwork and general relationship. You are not only an incredible rainer, but you are a source of encouragement and inspiration to anyone who knows your work and your faith. You even played a part in bringing my fiance and I together!

Those of us out there who know the truth about you are correcting this nonsense whenever we see it adding links to your site and your blog. This little bump in the road may help open your training and inspirational writing to a wider audience in the long run!

Romans 8:27-28

17. Janice

December 5, 2012 at 10:28 am

I found your video truly inspiring. I watched it daily for about 3 months. Any negative feedback is probably just jealousy.

18. Kim Lacey

December 5, 2012 at 10:39 am

My devotion today Stacy was believing lies as truth. People choose to believe lies because they have no desire for Truth. Lies deceive and hurt. Truth sets people free.
    2 Thess 1:10 says…they perish because they refused to love the truth and be saved. It goes on to say in verse 13…But we ought always to thank God for you, my sister loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in Truth. He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord…so then…stand firm and hold to the teachings…
    And that you do my friend, you stand firm and hold onto Truth.

December 5, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Thank you for that-I love deep thoughts!

19. Irene McDermott

December 5, 2012 at 10:42 am

Here is the one that I saw on Facebook. I was surprised at the friend who shared it. I even told her she was passing on false information but she didn’t care. https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10151247520933901

20. Sheri

December 5, 2012 at 10:46 am

Stacy, I am always amazed at the ignorance about horse training out there. It is obvious that Roxy is happy in this video, thus the licking…and the peppermints..lol. I am a professional trainer that rides mostly dressage and I own all of your videos. I love your methods and have implemented them into my own program for starting horses. You are an inspiration and a blessing. It is so refreshing to see a trainer open about her faith…God will continue to bless your work. Thank you for what you do.

21. Ivie

December 5, 2012 at 10:48 am

Stacy,

don’t let 1 bad apple get your nose in a Tizzy, You are good at what you do! be proud of that!.
    stay positive, stay connected to source (GOD) and brush the rest off your shoulder. ;-)

22. Jean

December 5, 2012 at 10:55 am

Stacey I have received twice this same email and twice I have sent it on with a comment of which parts of it were not true. The ride was amazing and riding for your father was precious. You deserve to be properly credited.

23. Jennifer Stanley

December 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

24. Sandra Clifton

December 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

Stupid, stupid people, these people I would bet have never accomplished even trying to start a young horse. I know its hard to shut these stupid people out, cause it does hurt, and hurt deepley in your self esteem. I know you are a Christian, and please dear Stacy turn these stupid people over to Jesus, he will take care of them for you. A funny note, I never dreamed a horse would like peperment candy. Well mine liked Bananna’s. Thank you for giving us yourself and Roxy.

25. Cindy Loader

December 5, 2012 at 11:05 am

Nov 23, 2012 11:17pm
    Girl on Horseback

Like · · Share
    2 people like this.

Anita Hagen This is life!!!!
    Sunday at 8:58pm · Like

Cindy Loader Stacy is not deaf-mute. She is a very talented fully functional horse trainer who was the first woman to win “Day of the Horse” and bareback and bridle-less reining.
    Sunday at 9:21pm ·

• Cindy Loader

December 5, 2012 at 11:12 am

This was the last post that I saw. I always comment back when I see one. I met you in person in Denver and have your videos. I also ride bareback and bridle-less and find that people who make un-kind comments about is because they can’t do it themselves.
      You are an inspiration to those of us who are always eager to learn more. And you have many followers who love you. Enjoy the positive! Ignore the negative even though it is hard.

26. Leslie Bever

December 5, 2012 at 11:16 am

Every time I see this I comment with the corrections. And a link to your blog and website. You do amazing work with horses so don’t let the naysayers get under your skin.

27. Laura Sicko

December 5, 2012 at 11:28 am

I shared the current video going around on your FB page. I find you to be an inspiration. My daughter adores you . Some people just like to suck the joy from others.

28. kirsten lathouwers

December 5, 2012 at 11:33 am

Hi Stacy, This is the link on ‘you tube’, that is also spread around on FB recently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwqWnUxYrU&playnext=1&list=PL24FCF257497DB00F&feature=results_video It is good that you can laugh about it. I laughed about it too when someone send it to me and told them the real story about you! Despite of lies; it was one hell of ride wth Roxy you performed!!! A great fan and admirer, Kirsten LathouwersThe NetherlandsDate: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 13:22:11 +0000 To: kylathouwers@hotmail.com

29. Alice

December 5, 2012 at 11:39 am

About Tracy’s sad post, I always tell my kids, “As long as God and you know the truth, it doesn’t matter what anybody else thinks!” Nevertheless, being misunderstood IS difficult. I was recently rejected to adopt a dog because of a mistake on the application that they wouldn’t let me correct. Amazing how pride rears its head! How dare anyone think bad of us. :-) But God uses everything, even the misinformation circulating…it is causing thousands of people to learn of your work because we are forwarding the truth in response. :-)

• ronda schmeichel

December 5, 2012 at 12:09 pm

stacy, I know that this post bothers you and I hope you can let it go… because anyone who has watched your training videos and I have watched a number of them know that you are a loving caring person that truely LOVE HORSES and most of us know that post to be hogwash…… Thanks again for all you do for us training our horses…. Ronda

30. Lisa Setterington

December 5, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Negative people are generally jealous, ignore them! The video gave me the desire to find your blog, I am in the UK so I have not been able to see you in the flesh but if I had the opportunity I would! I am a horse person and I will admit that I am jealous of your ability, you are inspirational and I would love to be able to do it. Keep smiling through and if you ever plan a trip to the UK let me know xx

31. Ann

December 5, 2012 at 12:08 pm

So sorry about the misinformation out there…but it IS true that you are an amazing rider and trainer.

32. Mari-Ann Lauron

December 5, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I just saw the video for the first time and, yes it did say you were deaf mute. I was so taken by the magnificence of your relationship with the horse that I looked further to see if this was a true account of your physical condition. Stating that you are a deaf mute is not so hurtful but for Tracy to state that the horse was mistreated in any way is absurd. I cried at the video as I watched the love and respect you both had for each other. Your talent is a gift. I love horses but am afraid to ride them. You make it look so natural and so easy. I can see the love you had for Roxy. It was blantently evident, I am sorry for your loss and wish you a loving healing experience.

33. nikki

December 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Same here… everytime i see the video with the false writing underneath I just comment… Oh thats Stacy Westfall and her Horse Roxy! She is neither deaf nor mute and this was her very own Show Horse. Arent they awesome.
    I do love this video so! :-)
    I hope some day, my little paint and me are closer to this kind of trust!

34. jean

December 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I have seen the link many times and always corrected them and even pasted a video of you on the Ellen show to hear the whole story… this great video speaks for itself, everyone knows what a great trainer you are and the kindness you show the animals… sometimes the internet can be a bad thing and some peoples opinions are better left unsaid..

35. Melissa Fair

December 5, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I found your ride on Facebook. I am so glad to be able to come to your site to have clarified what the truth is. One thing I have to say is …. I could watch this ride a million times!!! Way to go Ms. Westfall!

36. Michele Gravish

December 5, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Nov 24, 2012 1:17am
    Girl on Horseback

A deaf-mute girl on a horse that she has ridden for only THREE weeks!!, not to mention the song she picked out to dedicate to her deceased father! Listen to the announcer’s voice crack! The horse she is riding is not eve…n hers; she is training it for a client and has had it only 20 days at the time of the ride shown here. Note that she rides without a saddle or halter and bit and (obviously) without voice commands. She is using the method used by North American Indians. When you think your voice can’t be heard I want each of you to watch this Video. She has no voice. She cannot hear. Yet she has persevered and achieved! Thought you all would enjoy this

37. Michele Gravish

December 5, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I found this on Facebook but unfortunately it doesn’t have the link..sorry Stacey.

38. Deb Graham

December 5, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Haters will hate Stacey…God knows how much you loved Roxy and He’s the only one we have to please…Some people are just so stuck on themselves they think they are always right…in the end there will be many rewards for how you loved your horses..There will always be the people that think that they have to stomp on others to make them feel better about themselves…those people too will have to stand before a Sovereign Lord and explain their pity remarks….I feel sorry for them!!

39. Wendy Russ

December 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Stacy, my dad posted this a couple of days ago~ I set him straight but heres the link
    Of course all of us who follow you know your love and devotion to Roxy and all horses ~never stop!

• Wendy Russ

December 5, 2012 at 3:10 pm

oh great, it didn’t copy the link, the original link was posted by Donna Artechi Perry on Facebook.
      At least they didn’t mess with the video, I could watch it a million times and will continue to do that on Your original and report all the miss informed.

Donna Artechi Perry
      November 23
      Nov 23, 2012 11:17pm
      Girl on Horseback

A deaf-mute girl on a horse that she has ridden for only THREE weeks!!, not to mention the song she picked out to dedicate to her deceased father! Listen to the announcer’s voice crack! The horse she is riding is not even hers; she is training it for a client and has had it only 20 days at the time of the ride shown here. Note that she rides without a saddle or halter and bit and (obviously) without voice commands. She is using the method used by North American Indians. When you think your voice can’t be heard I want each of you to watch this Video. She has no voice. She cannot hear. Yet she has persevered and achieved! Thought you all would enjoy this — with Casey LynnCampbell, Brian Coghill, Lisa Santa Cruz and Jessica Santa Cruz.

40. Beth kane

December 5, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Amazing the things people think they know! I wish people would think before they say things,some hurt because they want to maybe feel better about themselfs, some are just ignorant!
    No matter what, God has blessed you with a gift beyond what most people could not even dream of ! I know you, Stacy: I have helped in Stacy barn; and I Love horses and have worked all my life to support them,my dear friend, is the kindest, most loving care taker of all her animals, it is an honor to know someone who respects these animals as Gods Gifts to us!

41. Sherri Risinger

December 5, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Hey Stacy, The best thing to do about people like this and comments like this is to just ignore them. People that post comments like this are just jealous of your success. They don’t think about all the hours of hard work and dedication it takes, and the talented horse/s it takes, to be successful. I have known you for many years and know what a great person and horse trainer, horse lover, you are. I have been with you to shows and know the treatment and care(treats) that Roxie and Haley, to name a few, receive. Abuse has never been and never will be part of your regime. Jealous people ,like this Tracey person, aren’t worth the manure you hose off your boots. Stay true to your passion and keep the good people and horses close. Sherri

42. Nicole Thomson

December 5, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Take no notice tracy, you are clearly a fine trainer with happy horses. There is always someone to rain on your parade. From my perspective over here in the uk i do wish there would be more debate and energy and action spent on the most important issues in the usa.. rounding up and causing great harm to your mustangs and horse slaughter.

43. Suzanne Rowe

December 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm

My horses love treats…..we feed an apple flavored one so when they eat them with their bridles on it looks like they are bleeding from the mouth, we get some people asking us what happened. Some people just don’t have a clue.

The video goes around now and again among people I know. The first time I saw it I looked you up, and despite the miss information it is an amazing ride and an amazing horse, you can see in her performance how much she loved, respected you as a leader. You do an amazing Job in your training and your work with horses. Please don’t let ignorant people with ignorant ways discourage the good things that you do….I can watch this performance over and over and it still brings a lump in my throat as I know the dedication it takes to complete such a ride….you are an inspiration to those of us that love and ride horses.

44. Mandy Kersey

December 5, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I was sent the urban legend version, but I knew the 20 days could not be true. The deaf/mute was an interesting twist that made me want to gain more information. As a teacher, I have worked with deaf/mute students, and with practice (like anyone else) believe they can become amazing riders and connect with a horse through use of physical contact. I wanted clarification before I spread it, so I looked you up online. I am so glad you addressed the issue!
    I have reposted the video (WITHOUT the urban legend) and commented that there are rumors but clarified what was true.
    Even though it was attached with false statements, I am thrilled that through the viral nature, that video has found its way to me. I am blessed beyond belief by its beauty, and you have found yourself a new fan.
    Thank you for riding the way I love to ride in my dreams.

45. Mary Sue Faries

December 5, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Perhaps the “deaf/mute” version is a blessing in disguise. I had a couple of friends that posted that version on Facebook. I wrote back to both, explaining the truth and urging them to check out your website for themselves to see what an incredible horsewoman you are. From some of the comments I’ve seen on this blog, I’d say you are gaining numerous new fans as a result of people (both in and out of the horse world) seeking the truth!! Education is a good thing! And your message and influence (the true versions) are getting out there and making an impact! God Bless, Sweetie!!!

46. Carole Boegli

December 5, 2012 at 11:11 pm

It is very sad that some people have nothing good to say and have to share even these hurtful comments with the world, jealousy, envy and laziness often bring the “best” out in people.
    By the way, I did the same as Mary Sue Faries, urging people to check your website.
    You have been my motivation since the day I saw your ride the first time, and as the tongue licking, my mare does the same when we do some backup (liberty or ridden) and it seems to be when she thinks a lot about what she is doing.
    Please keep motivate humans to become better with their partners, Carole

47. Carlye cebul

December 6, 2012 at 7:02 am

I learned a long time ago, one doesn’t need to defend what is true. It often comes under attack but the truth is always the truth and always prevails. No need to defend, it’s a waste of energy.

• johanna

December 11, 2012 at 1:51 am

hear hear!! well said! i second Carlye’s statements wholeheartedly-

48. Shirley

December 6, 2012 at 9:22 am

Stacy when I read nasty ignorant comments like that, I just think to myself, “Smarter things eatin’ grass!” But I am sorry that people feel the need to be self important and opinionated about things they don’t understand. Don’t take it to heart- the world is full of them, and most of them are on Facebook it seems! ((hugs)) I know what it’s like to lose a beloved horse.

49. Elizabeth Bowers

December 6, 2012 at 9:48 am

Yeah, i had just seen it going around on FB again. And to people like her, don’t worry about them. Us true fans, know that you loved Roxy, and always put her first in her training. People like that usually have nothing better to do than try to bring everyone else down to their level. We know the truth and will share and spread the truth. I really enjoy checking out your horsemanship, i love your style. Have a great day!! Lots of love and admiration form here in PA!!! :-)

50. Lori Wagerman Walker

December 6, 2012 at 10:33 am

OMG…I’m trying to post it and re-post it as much I can with the truth. It’s making me crazy!!!!!

51. Paula Kurtenbach

December 6, 2012 at 11:10 am

Seriously Stacy,

I am definitely a novice to natural horsemanship, but even I know that a horse licking it’s lips is a sign of relaxation. That’s one of the first things that all of the trainers advocating natural horsemanship teach. All the more reason to lick if you’ve been eating peppermints. The last thing that my horses do when they’re scared is eat. When they’re scared all they’re thinking is: fight or flight?

If you’ve spent any time at all with horses, it’s easy to see how relaxed Roxy was during the entire performance – and how much she enjoyed understanding your cues and getting them right. She clearly felt safe with you. Even surrounded by a screaming crowd, it’s obvious that she felt perfectly safe with you … so difficult to achieve with a horse and you make it so natural.

I’ve read several articles about tail flicking and they all say that horses do that to balance – like when they’re moving sideways, backing quickly, changing leads, or making sure that they don’t drop the rider when she’s standing up. I have an old arabian that’s a master at staying under the rider – even kids learning to ride. If you watch the video – which is just as beautiful and amazing now as the first time I saw it, you can see that she’s only flicking her tail when she needs to. The fact that she is able to flick her tail at all in a world where some trainers block horse’s tails so that they’ll appear more perfect in the show ring speaks to how much you care about your horses.

I often wonder why there are so many people in the world who look to get attention by cutting down someone who’s worked hard to be excellent … someone who cares enough to stick her neck out and share what she’s learned with the rest of use.

Thanks for caring. You make a difference to people like me who would like to be better with our horses.

It’s obvious that you loved Roxy and that you had an amazing bond with her and helped to give her an amaxing life that touched many people. You & Roxy showed us what is possible when we take the time to understand a horse and teach it in a way that it understands.

Merry Christmas! & have a great New Year.

• Mari-Ann Lauron

December 6, 2012 at 11:43 am

Thank you for posting such a beautiful and well thought comment!

52. Janie Duckworth

December 6, 2012 at 11:51 am

Forgive me if you already received your fair share of responses! I keep getting this from friends who have no idea who you are or what you do. They think it’s cool. Believe me, I keep setting everyone straight!!

Posted on my wall:

Donna Artechi Perry

Girl on Horseback

Share · November 24

5 people like this.

53. Susan Miller

December 6, 2012 at 2:21 pm

The “email” it circulating on Facebook….

this was POSTED on FACEBOOK by a gal named…. Donna Artechi Perry from Lufkin, Tx (I will try to “share this over on your FB page…)

Girl on Horseback

A deaf-mute girl on a horse that she has ridden for only THREE weeks!!, not to mention the song she picked out to dedicate to her deceased father! Listen to the announcer’s voice crack! The horse she is riding is not eve n hers; she is training it for a client and has had it only 20 days at the time of the ride shown here. Note that she rides without a saddle or halter and bit and (obviously) without voice commands. She is using the method used by North American Indians. When you think your voice can’t be heard I want each of you to watch this Video. She has no voice. She cannot hear. Yet she has persevered and achieved! Thought you all would enjoy this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

54. Summer

December 6, 2012 at 7:29 pm

this is the link i have seen multiple times on facebook.

• Summer

December 6, 2012 at 7:30 pm

^the description is what says it.

55. Vicki Tate

December 6, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I got the email with the caption that read something like death mute Indian girl trains horse in twenty days. I didn’t open it for day’s, then when I did I watched it and as always it makes me cry it is so wonderful! I told the fella that sent it after working with you I thought you would find that funny . It really is a beautiful performance done with such feeling….

56. Kaylene Crook

December 7, 2012 at 6:29 am

Just a quick comment from someone who has really been out of the horse world for the past decade. I first saw the clip recently on a Facebook link that a friend liked. I watched the clip and then decided to research the rider as I was so inspired by what I saw. Even though the story written about the clip was untrue and misleading, it still displayed the westfall horsemanship logo at the start, which gave me a start when researching. I have now been able to comment on Facebook to say that the story is untrue and even used the term “that for a deaf/mute girl she can talk really well in horsemanship clips I saw on youtube”. A positive from all this is that Stacy has now been shown to a wider audience and if people are truly interested and inspired, they will find out the truth. I am seriously considering purchasing Stacy’s dvds (to help with a young horse I have), although I seem to be having difficulty finding suppliers in Austraila.

57. Jane Fitch

December 7, 2012 at 10:30 am

Anyone should be able to see the connection you had with Roxy. It is a beautiful thing to watch, and you can tell from the body language of both you and her, that your connection was powerful and loving. It is amazing and so inspirational to watch.

58. Jennifer Kirschenman

December 7, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Stacy, I would like you to know how much I Loved your Original YouTube Video of your Memorible ride. Made me Cry, I could see the love that you and Roxy Shared, I never have even thought that you could or would be mean or cruel to Roxy let alone any horse. If any real Horse person would watch this video they could see the Love that Roxy had for you and you had for Roxy. I know you can train a horse to do just about anything, But to me, I think that the horse will not do what they are asked that willingly unless they Love what they do and LOVE the person that is asking. You do amazing work, and you should be proud of yourself. Don’t let others get you down. Like someone on this blog stated, These Mean people obviously are Lacking love for themselves, and I think they need to look at themselves and find something else to make themselves happy other than hurt others with their words.

I also post the truth when I see dumb comments like what are being posted.
    God Bless you, and may you Continue to Amaze the world with your Talent and Love of Horses.

59. Peter Murphy

December 7, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I posted a comment just today, but don’t see it. Don’t want to sound whiny, but as a mute person I do like to be acknowledged. Sounds stupid I know. But once again as a horse lover and rider- it was one helluva nice looking ride! I knew the post was phony and let my friend know that. She was just trying to cheer me up. Keep on with your fine work with the horses.

60. laura

December 7, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I saw this video on FB and knew it was not true so I instantly informed the people sharing it that is was crap. Its hard to believe people start these things. I am involved in the horse industry and know the hard work and determination it takes and I greatly admire your abilities and accomplishments.

61. Rita Woodworth Richardson, TN

December 8, 2012 at 10:04 am

Stacy, I am way behind on this, but I just saw the video…I am sorry folks start falsehoods, but it really doesn’t matter…YOU AND ROXY ARE AMAZING!!!!!! I have watched it twice and cried my eyes out…absolutely amazing work. I am slowly reconnecting with my lost Cherokee family here in the Southeast, since my line was run out of here on the Trail of Tears. It is very touching to me if some of these techniques are indeed Native American, and even if they are not, I would love to know how you did this. I grew up riding bareback and I loved it so much. God Bless You.

62. Mieke

December 9, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Stacy, one of the people spreading the lies on Facebook (in Dutch) about you being deaf and mute is Rik Van Leuven: his message has more than 25000 shares! I sent him a message with a link to correct info about you. And I posted about it on my own wall.

Keep up the good work!

63. johanna

December 11, 2012 at 1:48 am

oh my goodness-
    some people are so ignorant. i am so sorry you have to deal with that stuff on top of the devastating losses you have experienced over the past year or two.
    i am bummed that there are so many ”trolls” on the internet/facebook that try to make others’ lives so miserable!
    please know that anybody who knows animals, understands and can see CLEARLY what a great animal handler, rider and trainer you are; and most importantly your love for animals, including horses, is OBVIOUS and self-evident.
    anybody who doubts that simply does not have a clue about animals OR people!
    do not worry your pretty head about these negative, fear-based, misunderstood and misguided people and their comments!
    as a vet and animal trainer, i admire your work greatly and share not only your videos but also your website to many animal and non-animal people alike, whenever i get the chance.
    keep up the good work–i look forward to more of your amazing and extremely professional work.

64. Vicki

December 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Hi Stacy-I saw the video on facebook a couple weeks ago. I told them that you were NOT deaf & mute, and that in fact, that very video of you and Roxy was what I set up as a goal for me -a novice-and my little formerly wild mustang with whom I have a bond. If I can find it on facebook again, I will send it to you.

65. Amanda Accordino

December 18, 2012 at 12:24 am

Do not for a SECOND think that people don’t know you love Roxy. Don’t let these words hurt you. After all, they truly are JUST words. Some people don’t know what the heck they’re talking about but still have the need to put their two cents in. We all do it sometimes whether we realize it or not, but the difference is sometimes our two cents is much more positive than others.
    So again, please don’t let the minority discourage you. The rest of us know the truth and THAT is what matters. <3

• Rita Richardson

December 20, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I completely agree…Lots of weird jealous folks out there with too much time on their hands and too little good intention. We all support you and yr loving work stacy. Happy holidays

66. Morgan

January 5, 2013 at 12:34 am

Stacy you are amazing!! Seeing a few ridiculous people criticize you reminds me that there will always be a few negative wackos out there no matter how great you are, and it is them and not you!! Thanks for helping me to see my own critics more clearly.

67. Mary Ann Black

May 28, 2013 at 8:40 pm

There is a link on FaceBook to your video on Buck Buchanan’s page. It says you are a deaf-mute girl that hasn’t ridden for three weeks before the video. It says you are training this horse for a client and only had it 20 days as of the time of the ride shown. (Hasn’t ridden in 21 days, but only had horse 20 days, so when was it ridden???)
    I think you did an awesome job with how it really is without having to add all this wild stuff to it. Great job and all of us horse people know what reality is and that this horse was not mistreated in any way. Great job Stacy!

68. Lisbeth Odén

July 22, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Hi Stacy –

So admire your work. It looks like this video is making the rounds again with a few new embellishments.

The ride is amazing in and of itself – why must people twist great things in a false attempt to make it even better.

Dont let the jerks get you down!

Cheers,

69. Kandice Wright

August 2, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Here it is Aug 2013 and twice this year I have seen the false FaceBook post about you being a deaf-mute. Today was the most recent. Irritates me that people spread such false information. I quickly correct the person who posted it and I reposted the false requesting that all my horse loving friends to please spread the word that the story is false. I think you are an amazing person and the horse is fabulous.

70. Susan

August 13, 2013 at 10:52 am

It’s a puzzle as to why some folks feel they have to say things that aren’t true about someone such as Stacey who is a very honorable person, as well as a good enough horse trainer to hold her own when it comes to being a much sought after teacher in that field.

• 4_Mustang_Sally

September 27, 2013 at 11:26 am

I sure am glad that I did not receive that e-mail. Someone is just so jealous of her talents, that have to try and rip them apart. Any one with any commence  knows better.

Sandy

• Mary Ann

September 27, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I have seen it again recently. I just posted a link to her interview with Ellen where she can obviously speak and hear. It’s kind of silly of people to embellish it. Horses don’t need you to speak or hear to learn anyway. It’s through feel. Nothing against anyone who can’t hear or speak, bit it should not make much difference in how well they ride.

71. Sue

October 29, 2013 at 8:46 pm

72. shawna clark

October 30, 2013 at 8:52 pm

The video was nothing lessthan breathtaking and amazing.! You tell there was so much work and bonding and love here anyone with true horsemanship can tell how this is truly amazing!!! Stacy is one of my idols forever and always!!

73. Joy Yearwood

November 2, 2013 at 1:04 am

Stacy, I saw the video of you and Roxy, and it did say those things on there. But I also watched a video of you on the Ellen show and it made me wonder how you could have this conversation with her if that lie were true. But, I tell you one thing, I truly enjoyed that video!!!!!! You did one hell of a good job with that horse and I had to watch that video over and over because it was spectacular!!!!!!! I am saddened to hear Roxy has passed. She was a beautiful horse. keep up the good work!!! :)

74. Steve Kypers

November 14, 2013 at 9:24 am

I am not a horse person. meaning I don’t have a horse, and have not ridden in many many years… I saw the video of your competition in ’06 and was impressed beyond belief. I don’t understand why people do not feel the original (true) story is good enough. Truly an amazing thing for me to see. Kudos!

75. Amanda

February 19, 2014 at 1:08 am

Hard isn’t it when someone mouths off without any idea of what is actually happening.. Kudos to you Stacy and your beautiful Roxy..I’ll never forget the love you have for her!

76. Amy

February 21, 2014 at 2:35 am

I have watched this video on Facebook so many times, and having had horses all my life I can honestly say this is probably the best video I have seen. The horsemanship was amazing & is something only very few people are able to do. The horse looked so in tune with you and at no time looked uncomfortable or unhappy, he was simple responding to suttle cues. Plus the riding without any gear was amazing and I cope only ever dream of being able to ride like that with so much trust. Good on you, truly fantastic !!!!!

77. Amy

February 21, 2014 at 2:37 am

I have watched this video on Facebook so many times, and having had horses all my life I can honestly say thuis is probably the best video I have seen. The horsemanship was amazing & is something only very few people are able to do. The horse looked so in tune with you and at no time looked uncomfortable or unhappy, he was simple responding to suttle cues. Plus the riding without any gear was amazing and I cope only ever dream of being able to ride like that with so much trust. Good on you, truly fantastic !!!!!

78. Melissa

March 11, 2014 at 11:54 am

This story is going around again! i hate when people dont check their facts