Update on Hammy…my life as a Mom

13 Jul

If you have followed my blog you may remember the story about Hammy (the hamster) and his near death experience. I am happy to report that Hammy is mostly well and has almost doubled in size -just compare the photo in the original blog to this one!

I think it is normal for them to gain weight…although he sits like this all the time which is both funny and strange. One question though for any hamster experts that may be reading this; Do you notice the small red spot below his left eye? It has been there for months and is not going away. Any idea what it might be?

Just for fun we weighed Hammy and my other sons hamster (little Ham) and this chubby one weighs 2.5 oz and the other is 1 oz!

Posted by on July 13, 2012 in Life

8 responses to “Update on Hammy…my life as a Mom

1. Sherri Glidden

July 13, 2012 at 6:29 am

Phew…I was nervs for a moment. Glad Hammy is doing well. Mom (Nene )

2. Janine

July 13, 2012 at 9:24 am

LOL, glad he is well!! But he sure did gain hamster weight!

3. Jody Brittain

July 13, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Glad Hammy is well, and he is so adorable. I have no idea what the red dot is…But instead of SITTING in the exercise wheel, maybe he should walk on it! LOL So very cute!

4. Katherine Roche

July 13, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I personally would have the little dot checked. These little guys can get cancer very easliy…….much better to rule it out and make sure it’s nothing. : )

5. Kathy Kopylec

July 13, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Hes so cute! no hamster knowledge, but glad he`s happy and well.

6. Katherine

July 13, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Might want to get that little spot checked out. WIth those little guys sometimes things like that can be cancer. : / He looks pretty healthy though so it could be a sore of some kind.

7. Amanda Accordino

July 13, 2012 at 11:20 pm

LOL he is a CHUNKER now! omg

8. Paige