Stacy Westfall Mounted Shooting…I finally moved up a level!

06 Mar

Those of you who have been following my progress in mounted shooting may have noticed that I pretty much took last year off. At least in the public view.

Behind the scenes I was actually shooting quite a bit…at a walk and a trot. Popcorn wasn’t quite sure that he wanted to participate in the the game. So I kept it slow and took all of last year (not to mention the year and a half prior to that) to finish building his confidence.

And here is a photo of the results! I finally moved up to a level 2! For those of you who are not familiar with the levels a rider begins at one and moves up to six. At this rate I calculate it will take me…..twelve year! Lol…

Hopefully we retain what we have learned a little better than that. Or at least I hope so! Here is a video of us at work.

Posted by on March 6, 2012 in Video

11 responses to “Stacy Westfall Mounted Shooting…I finally moved up a level!

1. Lindsay

March 6, 2012 at 6:24 am

Congrats

2. Deanna

March 6, 2012 at 6:44 am

Way to go! Looks fun!

3. Janet Hall

March 6, 2012 at 7:06 am

Now that game looks like way to much fun, but on the other hand I could see the rodeo that I would have if I tried that, and I told old to be used as a lawn dart anymore.

4. Pat

March 6, 2012 at 10:08 am

Congratulations!! It looks like lots of fun and Popcorn looks like he doesn’t mind it at all.

5. javeriyasayeedsiddiqui

March 6, 2012 at 11:19 am

yeayy congrats stacy! :D

6. sara

March 7, 2012 at 7:45 pm

awesome :)

7. Sandy Carr

March 8, 2012 at 1:07 am

Hi Stacy! I “hear” ya. I have decided to go back to riding horses, been off of them and driving for over 15 years! Sp excited to start mounted shooting training on my new horse as I get really near to 60 years old. I have a terrific teacher in NM, and bought a horse who has already competed to level 5 in CMSA. I will start in SASS and move to CMSA…SO much fun. YOU and your horse looked great….nice and easy is the way I will go too! Many wishes for much success!

8. Stephanie

March 8, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Hi Stacy – (Hi Sandy) – Congratulations ! …….. in the next few weeks my horse and I begin training for mounted shooting. I’m excited about it – I don’t know whether she will be as thrilled about it as I am.

9. Debby Brown

March 15, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I saw you shoot your first gun (or think it was!) at the AQHA Quarterfest w/Piston Anne! You liked it then so I am not surprised you have taken this up! It is not going to take you 12 yrs! I have faith. Congrats on your new level & good luck keeping Popcorn focused!

March 19, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Pretty close to it! I don’t think I had been to a shoot yet at that time. Lol…funny.

10. Jessica

March 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Congrats! You two did an excellent job out there! You were smokin! lol